Before you head out to buy that new house or better yet to find an agent to help you buy a house, you should assess your current situation. Many agents will ask you pre-qualifying questions to better assist you with the process. It’s critical to know the answers so that your experience will be optimized.
Some questions asked may include:
1. Why buy and why now?
2. Are you working with a lender or another agent?
3. How many houses have you already looked at?
4. How do you prefer to be contacted?
5. What if we found the perfect house tomorrow?
6. What are your 3 favorite neighborhoods?
7. What is your favorite room in the house?
8. How important is outdoor/garage space?
9. How long do you think you’ll live in the house you buy?
10. What is a deal breaker for you?
These questions may seem like an exhaustive list but they address different aspects of house-hunting. It’s important to keep your real estate agent abreast of changes or updates. This will ensure a smoother process. Remember the agent acts as your representative. A REALTOR® must uphold certain ethical standards that put the client’s needs first.